Tuesday, March 24, 2009

purple punch



After a day of fighting off a wicked migraine, I don't have the energy to totally do this piece justice but I really felt like sharing this, so here it is. This is one of the first pieces of jewelry I made last year. It took a lot of thought to get this color combination how I wanted it, how I pictured it in my head. I am very happy with how it turned out. As you can see, it has matching earrings. When my sister saw this, she was pretty jealous that it wasn't hers! She LOVES purple. I tried to use the focal bead/stone as the basis for the rest of the colors. It seemed to me that purple was "pulling out" of the stone, for lack of a better term, for the color that should be used in the majority of the smaller beads of the necklace, and the largest beads on the earrings. My sister has borrowed this many times, even though I love wearing it myself...so this one's not for sale!

1 comment:

clunygrey said...

Love the new look for the blog! I had to catch up since I've been out of town! Jewelry and cats, what could be better?! I love the cats' pictures. And if that is the first jewelry you ever made, you should definitely keep making and making. . .
Hugs,
Donna-Cluny

Diamonds to Dolphins...Carats to Cats...