Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bead for Life


A quick post since I'm tired and have a headache, but wanted to share something cool. I just got another package in the mail (I love ordering stuff on the Internet!). I totally forgot I ordered these, so it was a nice surprise. I came upon this website as a link from a link from a friend's site. I thought it was a great cause -- it's called Bead for Life. Ugandan women use recycled paper to create beads of every color of the rainbow. You can buy a bag of beads or you can buy jewelry made with these beads. I ordered a three-strand bracelet and two single bracelets, all in green. Because of the variation in the paper used, each one is a slightly different color. The women also separate the larger, handmade beads with seed beads. They look great in a bunch and I'm sure they look beautiful as single bracelets as well. Check out the website and their online store. It is truly a great cause. The sales of these beads helps the women support their families financially and start their own individual businesses. I'm so glad I found this website. I will definitely order from them in the future, as the prices are more than reasonable and they make fabulous, one-of-a-kind gifts!
Picture from Bead for Life store website.

1 comment:

dauphiine said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! You should come and visit mine! God knows I need the readership!

I'll add yours to my blogroll if you add mine to yours! Dealy-o!

I'm http://www.tiarasandtrianon.com

xoxo
nicole*

Diamonds to Dolphins...Carats to Cats...